Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Conversation Overheard


While Shiloh was hooking up the PlayStation Silas wanted to "help" and Shiloh let him for a while but then needed him out of the way to finish. Clara was playing nearby and I was in listening range. Shiloh moved Silas aside and this made him angry so he folded over from sitting to put his nose to the floor and cried. Clara caught the movement out of the corner of her eye and when Silas cried she said "Daddy, don't throw Silas"

He said "I didn't throw him, Clara"

Automatically she said "Yes, you.." but Shiloh interrupted this remark with " I don't throw Silas, Clara" and that was the end. She kept on playing and Shiloh kept on fiddling with wires Silas had already moved on to something else. I thought it was funny that this is what she assumed had happened and she said it so automatically that is sounded like how I would instantly say "Don't throw that ball in here"

1 comment:

Abbie said...

lol, too cute.
I can just see her saying that!

Followers