Monday, April 19, 2010

Weekly Remnants

Sunday April 18 2010

Today we finished up a weekend long slumber party with my sister and her four kids. Shiloh was out of town trying to catch a shark on Padre Island and so Kandice and I hung out here trying to rid the house of all beverages you could consume hot. We also hung up 48 little plastic birds on my bedroom wall. Yes, folks it is as fun as it sounds.

When they were gone I took the kids to McDonalds for dinner and some playtime before bed. I took in an Adelle Davis (ironic I know) book to read while they played. There were some rough boys and the kids were too scared to play so we had a tiny ice cream cone and opted to rent a movie to watch instead. We rented Kit Kitridge but when we got it home it was cracked so we read a chapter of The Silver Chair instead (again).

Monday April 19 2010

Today when lunch rolled around I discovered we were out of food so we went again to McDonalds. I know. Yuck. When we got home we saw the mailman just leaving so I checked the mail while the kids ate on the porch.

I received a letter from an attorney stating I had a debt of $2300.00 that I needed to pay now (or else). I didn't recognize the debt as my own and so began the process of getting my identity back. They should invent something like a nine digit number that only you know to use to prove you are who you say you are. What's that? They already have that? Well, it doesn't work very well. I will receive a copy of the original application for this credit card I supposedly opened in four to six weeks and then maybe I can determine where this identity thief lives. Somehow.

The girls had theatre workshop today and Silas and I met Shiloh to get an inspection sticker on my van. I figured since I have two out of town trips to make this week I'd better not chance the ticket for a two month out of date sticker. Silas bought Peanut Butter M&Ms from the vending machine while we waited. The cashier made a copy of Shiloh's insurance for me since for some reason I didn't have one. Good thing I didn't chance that ticket. I would've gotten a tow as well as a ticket and been left stranded on the highway with three children and their car seats.

Shiloh made the kids spaghetti when he got home from work since I am having one of those can't-walk-by-the-end-of-the-day days. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I had to run across the yard to rid Silas of a fire ant. A fire ant that he actually rid himself of just after I ran across the yard. But still I had to run because in the event of a fire ant attack you don't know until you get across the yard if it is one ant or a hundred. All you hear is the there-is-a-fire-ant-on-me cry. Which is similar but different somehow from the I'm-about-to-vomit cry. Luckily today it was only one ant. Still I can barely walk much less run. Anyhow can't wait till chiropractor day.

Tuesday April 20, 2010

Shiloh left town again early this morning to go to a business seminar in Dallas. Since he got up early I couldn't go back to sleep and so I thought it would be a good time to put the seashells and "diamonds" that I bought into the sandbox for the kids to discover later. Cecily woke up and I was caught. I told her I was working on a surprise for later.

We went to the grocery store and when we came home I let them dig in to the sand. Their shouts of joy and exclamation at discovering the hidden treasures soon turned into shrieks of protest and yells of "that's mine give it back!" They were grounded from the sand and treasures the rest of the day.

I had them nap in their rooms and then we went to karate class in the evening.

They earned their white stripes on their belts.



I spent my first night ever at home alone with the kids. Don't worry I set a booby trap by the front door in case someone came in that way.

Wednesday April 21, 2010

Today Clara came running into my bedroom asking for the video camera. I gave her my phone to record what was so funny and all three came running in with a video a few minutes later. Clara had filmed the end of Cecily changing Silas' dirty diaper. They were all giggling so hard. I don't know what possessed Cecily to do that but when she carried it to the trash somehow the giggle boxes opened and wouldn't close.

No comments:

Followers